Sunday, February 9, 2020

Life Is Precious


“There are many bodies: insects, animals, people – but there is only one life.’  Krishna Gautam, Founder of Aging Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal.

The mountains of North Carolina are incredibly gorgeous!  The Blue Ridge, Smokey and Appalachian Mountains all come together in Western North Carolina.  Summers are balmy and delightful.  Mountain roads are deceptively peaceful and harmless, with little indication of the inherent dangers.

Just like New Yorkers are knowledgeable about driving in snow, and how to steer into the direction of the skid on ice, anyone who lives in the mountains knows of the hidden danger in the curvy mountain roads.

I was driving from Lake Lure to Marion on a warm, and wonderful summer day with little or no regard for the posted speed limit. I was just enjoying life and the gorgeous scenery when I lost control of the car.

There was nothing I could do as my car crossed over the opposite lane.  The last thing I remembered seeing was a wall of green – the foliage covering the quickly approaching vertical hill before my car went straight up the hill, then fell back on its roof.

Was there a reason I survived an accident where people are usually dead or paralyzed for life?  I believe there is a God and that life is very precious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment